Wednesday, May 31, 2006

my picturesque morning

This morning I took my 1st grader up the hill to the bus stop like I do most mornings as she is only 6 till July and I feel she is too young to go alone for now. Im glad this is so, for my morning gives me an absolutley fabulous (anyone remember that show? I miss ab fab) view of the pretty mouth of the Columbia River where it meets the Pacific Ocean, I am busy looking at the river when little girl says "look mamma, a deer!" and I look over and there she is, about 2yrs old standin' right in the middle of the road starin' right at me. And she stood there untill an approaching car made her take a little of the hill next to her but she didnt bolt and instead continued to stare in our direction as if to say "hey, your neat lookin' wanna stare at each other for a while?" She must of stood around for 3 or 4 minutes just letting us watch her. I love it here, I get the river, the Ocean and an abundance of wildlife and all I have to do is take my kid to the bus stop? I do believe I am spoiled. See y'all..ya dont need to be rich to be happy. Or to put it another way...define wealth. I believe I just did.