Monday, April 21, 2008

A BOMB threat...at the MIDDLE school

AND the High school. I'm driving up the street past my daughters bus stop today and I see a school bus. It was almost noon so at first my mind said Kindergarten letting out...but then what's this?

Why that child looks an awful lot like MY child, well look...she's waiving at me, why THAT IS MY CHILD !

WTF?

They sent her home early. There was a bomb threat at the Astoria Middle school and High school. The last time this happened it was just some dumb kid trying to get out of going to school.

This is Astoria for Christ sakes. And just the other day I was posting about how worry free I was letting my kids walk up to their bus stop sans parental figure.

What do I do now? Do I shrug it off and let it go? Do I freak out and call the school back and demand that the culprit be made such a horrible example of that this NEVER happens again? Do I start walking my kids to the bus? Do I start taking them to school? Do I...I don't even know you know?

My kids are in grade school damn it! And while it didn't happen at my kids schools they thought it serious enough to shut down the entire district over it (rightly so).

*sigh*

Holy crap.

The Daily Astorian ran an article.

Well I was right, we made Fox 12 news.