Saturday, March 08, 2008

Once upon a time I had a life all of my own...

It was completely separate from all that I know and love today. I had a one bedroom apartment and a stereo, no t.v. no car and a cat. I worked full time, had no boyfriend to speak of but I had friends.

I had friends all over the place, I had a friend with her man and her new baby across town, I had a "friend" from work who lived across the river from me (wink) I had a girlfriend across that same river that I had alot of fun with, I had several friends incarcerated that I was writing letters back and forth to.

Which brings me to todays post. When I was twenty-one I had my pictures taken at Glamour Shots. Does anyone remember that mall based franchise? Go in get glammed, get snapped, pay alot. Well I did it. But I'm glad I did it cause this is what I have to show for it.




Nice no? I thought so at the time, and now that I am 13 years older I'm glad I have this to look upon and think I WAS hot! yeah! anyway...When I had this done I sent a pic to my incarcerated friend.

I then discovered that when people get locked up they get bored, have a lot of time on their hands and they find they have talent they didn't know they had...for instance art. This becomes something of value, not everyone can draw; no matter how much time on their hands.

So my then friend had this done, or someone did this for him I don't know but he sent it to me...


Not bad I say for a novice in jail. In my humble opinion that is. It's not perfect but it's good.
I was going through some things looking for a certain picture that is not this one and I happened to stumble on this, a flood of old memories came back to me. It thumped me on the head so to speak. Now that I'm a wife and mother stepping back into my "Single girl in the city" persona was to say the least melancholy.

Aww to be young and Twenty-one again. If I only that girl in the picture up there knew then what I know now...