Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday, playing hooky from work.

Okay with good reason, My store is closing and if I dont take my sick time I loose it, Ive been there 3 years and Ive taken 2 sick days, so the chances of me acctually being sick before we close is slim to none. So, I do have good reason...my house is a wreck. This brings me to my question: why is it some women hate housework? why cant I have some of that Monica Geller OCD? I just cant bring myself to do it when faced with one day off here and one day off there. If I did what needed to be done when it needed done my life would literally be work then clean, then work then clean. I would do nothing else. So if I have two days off in a row (which I had to call in sick to get) then I can feel like I got something done AND a little rest as well. I really really want to be one of those women who's brain starts to short-circuit with too much clutter. Who lives in a home where dust never settles or the kitchen floor looks (and feels) like its never needed sweeping. Once I was young and single and I lived alone in a one bedroom apartment with a stereo and a cat, I always had a tidy house. Then there where men in my life and still I managed to keep a tidy house, even when I lived with a single guy as a roommate who bless his heart was a pig. But then I became a mother. When there was only one I managed to maintain some esemblance of order, when there were two it became harder to do...now that they are even older its really really hard to do. It seems that as I am getting one room done and moving to another that if I only turn my head the room I just finished seems to implode on itself as if it has a self-destruct button which activates upon cleaning "this room will detonate in 5, 4, 3...." maybe someday ill be posessed by Martha Stewart (its a good thing) and my whole house will sparkle and shine as if it has a self cleaning feature and no effort at all was needed to maintain its organization and cleanliness, untill then I am doomed to swim in the Ocean that is my own laundry.