Monday, September 18, 2006

crossing off the days on the big giant calander with a red sharpie marker.

The working never ends. I work 40 to 60 hours a week for the furniture store, if I wasnt so damn tired when I got home I would work another 1 to 2 hours a day at home as well what with dinner to cook and laundry and dishes to wash and children who need read to or an ear to listen to them read and the batheing and the house to tidy and lets not even talk about the dusting that I dont do. I just use the excuse that Im stocking up on cob webbing for halloween, so what if its eight months away! So for this reason alone (allthough there are many others) I am so glad that I am loosing my job. Now I might acctually get some days off instead of using my days off from work to work at home. The first two weeks will be spent cleaning each and every room in my house. I have six rooms alltogether and I figure it will take me two days to get each room sanitized and then another two days to go through the three closets in the house (two of those are really storage only) and sort out the crap from the keep. I figure after all of that is done I can safely alot myself two full days of sleep. After spending the last three and a half years working full time as an Office manager and a full time maid also I could really use a vacation. There is this beautifull quaint little hotel in Seaside, Oregon called (shocker) The Seaside Inn. It only has 8 rooms and all of them have Ocean views. There all themed, like the wicker room (all the furniture is wicker surprise!) with all the wicker accesories. Theres the log cabin room, the driftwood room. Some of them have hot tubs in them OH FUCK YA!! Now Ive been talking about doing this for a couple of years now, checking myself in for the weekend with a bottle of wine (or three) and sitting in the window with it and a pack of smokes (or three) and the ocean view and air as my only friend for three whole days. Its about $150 a night but I deserve it. Give me a room on the top floor with a spa and I promise not to fall out the window after Im drunk. My little present to myself for working 7 days a week for the last 10 years. Now some of you might say, "whine whine, suck it up Momma all us Mom's have to do that." and to that I say, Your right, Im not special because Im over worked. Im not alone in my misery, BUT that doesnt mean I dont deserve a break or a whine. Or some wine, whatever.