Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Co-Habitation...

People...The world is going to Hell in a handbasket, fast.

Visualize Co-Habitation.

Remember a world in which the phrase "what will we do with our elderly?" was never spoken?

Remember when children grew up in the same house with at least one or a whole set of grandparents?

No, I imagine that most of the people who read this blog don't remember that because we are all to young to remember any of that.

Well I say we should start thinking of it, a day might come very soon when one family of two parents and one or more child cannot survive as an individual unit.

A day may be coming soon when multiple families will have to consider living under one roof together out of need, who knows...people might even find they enjoy it.

I for one will start the parade. I will proudly wave the Co-habitation flag and bravely move in with my Mom and Dad (not that they're elderly) in a big ol' house with room for all.

The great thing is we will all save money this way, my kids get to be around their grandparents all the time (don't think my Mother doesn't love THAT idea, she grew up in a house with 9, plus the whole it takes a village blah blah.) there will always be someone home when my kids get home from school and best of ALL!!! I get to live closer to this gal right here and that makes anything worth it.

that's all for now folks!